Over the past couple weeks I’ve had issues getting my OSX 10.5 iCal client to continue working properly with our centralized CalDav server. I stopped being able to invite other domain users to my events as well as reserve “locations”, despite all my personal (non-domain) calendars continuing to work properly. I noted these iCal errors in Console.app…
*** -[NSConcreteTextStorage attributesAtIndex:longestEffectiveRange:inRange:]: Range or index out of bounds
CalDAVOperationQueue tried to dequeue operation <CalDAVScanDropBoxQueueableOperation: 0x174eb6a0> but it was not at the front of the queue.
When I tried to delete my domain account within iCal’s preferences, the application hung. When restarted, I could no longer bring up the preference dialog and saw this error repeated in Console…
*** -[NSURL initWithString:relativeToURL:]: nil string parameter
Apparently deleting everything in ~/Library/Calendars and starting fresh is the easiest solution. I have years worth of notes and interesting tidbits that I need to keep, however, so simply deleting all my data was not an option. With some educated guesswork, trial and error, I discovered that the following steps seems to make everything work again without apparent data loss or corruption..
- Quit iCal.
- Go to ~/Library/Calendars and backup the entire directory, just in case.
- Delete all “Calendar Cache” files as well as any directory ending in “.caldav”.
- Start iCal.
- It may give you a progress dialog about “Upgrading Calendars”. I think this means it’s rebuilding the cache file.
- Go to “iCal -> Preferences…” and delete/readd your domain account.
- Wait for the domain account to resync and you should be go to go.
Hope this helps!