Some of the worst infrastructural issues OpenRain has had since inception has been border hardware. We’ve been through all typical COTS models you’d find at Best Buy, but all have had issues with at least one of..
- Dropping inbound traffic due to some stupid “DDoS Protection” feature we couldn’t disable.
- Not passing VPN traffic though to an internal server.
But this latest POS–the Netgear FVS114–really takes the cake. Check it..
- Log in to http://www.workingwithrails.com
- Visit http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/new
- Listen for the sound of everyone simultaneously screaming “WTF!? The ‘net’s down!”
We’ve reproduced this issue with FireFox and Safari from multiple machines inside the network. Way to go, Netgear! (Might want to get on this one.) I’ll be buying some real hardware online in about 15 minutes.